Super tasty halwa made using palm jaggery and rice flour. This version is a instant version of karuppati halwa.
I wanted to make this halwa for a very long time. I made it few weeks back, the version which i made is a instant version using rice flour. I will share another version which is made using wheat milk. Will share that soon.
This version is very easy and simple, you need palm sugar, coconut milk and rice flour.
Wheat/Rice Flour– 3/4 cup
Palm jaggery– 3/4 cup
Coconut milk– 1 cup
Clarified butter — 3 tablespoon
Salt– a pinch
Cardamom powder/ Rose water–1/4 teaspoon
Water– 3/4 cup (for mixing flour), 1 cup (for mixing jaggery)
Nuts– to garnish
How To Make It:
1.In a wok, heat water and palm jaggery.
2. Continue heating until the palm jaggery dissolves. Cool it completely. Strain for any impurities and set aside.
3. Next mix rice/wheat flour in water with a pinch of salt. Make it into a watery liquid without any lumps.
4. In a separate wok, heat 2 tablespoons ghee and add the rice/wheat flour mixture.
5. When it begins to thicken, add the coconut milk.
6. Keep heating until it becomes pasty.
7. At this stage, add the palm jaggery mixture. Keep stirring and mix it without any lumps.
8. When the mixture begins to thicken, add the remaining ghee and rose water/cardamom.
9. Keep cookingin low flame until it reaches the halwa consistency and it leaves the sides of the wok.
10. Add chopped nuts and mix gently.
11. Switch off the flame.
12. Grease another plate and pour the halwa mixture into it. As it cools, it begins to thicken.
13. Slice into desired shapes.